Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Descale your Keurig



I love my Keurig. Simply my opinion on a product I bought on my own accord. I have not received any compensation for posting my opinion from Keurig or affiliates.
I was sad when our first brewer started to make these horrible sounds. We did receive a replacement brewer in two days after speaking to Customer Service. That is quick delivery. What we learned is we need to descale more often.

City water-Every 3 months
Well water -Every month
Distilled or bottled water- Every 3 months

  • Pour all 64 ounces of vinegar into the brewer’s reservoir until filled.
  • When the ready light comes on put a mug under the spout and push the brew button.
  • Repeat until the add water light comes on.
  • Fill the reservoir with water and brew until empty
  • You may have rinse more than one reservoir to remove the vinegar.

Descaling your brewer The brewer should be descaled at least every 3-6 months. Scale is harmless, but if left unattended, it can hinder optimal brewer performance. Descaling your brewer regularly helps maintain the heating element, removable water reservoir and other parts of the brewer that come in contact with water. Better water quality and water heating means a better cup of coffee, tea, hot cocoa or iced beverage. We recommend descaling your brewer at least every 6 months (every 3 months if your water has a high mineral content). The descaling process involves using 48 ounces of undiluted white vinegar.


Read my review here.  You can purchase Keurig on Amazon.com

Disclosure: This blog uses affiliate programs for monetization, which means when you click on links to various sites that I recommend in my posts and make a purchase, this can result in a commission that is credited to this site. Some affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, PickyourPlum.com & Amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment